Monday, September 15, 2014

My Crazy Weekend

I love being so involved on campus, but sometimes it gets really stressful. On Saturday, I had my first SPC event as an event coordinator and Preference Round for Formal Recruitment. My SPC event was Harry Potter themed and I really wanted to be there to see how it would go, but I had to go to Preference Round for at least the second half.

Preference Round is the last round of recruitment and the most important. This round is when we find the women who will be joining our sorority and becoming our sisters. I missed half of the round, but I did have the opportunity to meet some of the women before Bid Day.


My Harry Potter event turned out great. The event was held in McInstosh Activities and started at 8 p.m. There were Harry Potter themed snacks, butter beer, a table for crafting your own wand, balloons with owls drawn on them attached to Hogwarts envelopes, a movie playing on the projector and character cutouts placed around the room. We strung lights on the walls and turned the main lights off to contribute to the atmosphere of the Harry Potter theme.


Even though I didn’t get to stay for the entire event, other SPC members made sure everything went smoothly and cleaned up after. I’m so thankful for their help during this busy weekend, especially since this was my first event and I was disappointed that I didn’t get to stay for the entire time.


Now that my crazy weekend is over, I’m doing my best to catch up on my homework and sleep. My first SPC event is over and I learned that it is more work than I originally anticipated, especially when none of my group members were able to attend and help me. Formal Recruitment is over and Zeta Tau Alpha welcomed a group of wonderful women into our sorority on Sunday. It's safe to say my weekend was crazy, but I loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, at least you're enjoying it. The last thing someone would want to do (at least from my perspective) is waste their time doing something they do not enjoy when they could be doing something they do. I prefer to relax or do other things on the weekend and usually spend my weekdays not sleeping (sometimes not the best decision) and being productive. The most valuable thing we have is time, so it's good to hear you're using it wisely.

    ReplyDelete