Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thank Goodness for Thanksgiving!

I have reached the point in the semester where I am ready to turn in my final projects and just get it over with so I can enjoy a much needed break. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy my classes at ONU and I love my professors, but I am worn out. The schoolwork and extracurricular activities I am involved in are taking a toll on me.

I’m eager for Thanksgiving break because I will have plenty of time with my family. I haven’t spent much time with them since summer because I haven’t been able to visit on many weekends, so I could really use some quality family time. I’m also extremely low on cash, so I will be working almost everyday while I am home for break. Although this is not ideal and I would rather spend time with my family, it is necessary for me to make some money before coming back to ONU.

Thanksgiving is always a great time with my family because we have the traditional feast and football, but with a slight twist. Instead of watching football, we play. I know it might be hard to picture, but I can throw a football and I’m honestly not that bad. My older brother taught me to throw a football before I could even ride a bike. On Thanksgiving, all of the male cousins, uncles and my dad will gather in the yard to play touch football. While the female cousins, my aunts and my mom gather around the windows to watch the game, I join the guys for a fun game of touch football.


I’m not trying to sound cocky, but my team usually wins. This might be because I run much faster when large guys about three times my size are running after me, but I would like to think I am also somewhat good at the game! I always look forward to this tradition, especially when both of my brothers are on the opposite team than me. I really enjoy bragging about how I won on the car ride home because they both are sore losers. Or maybe I am a sore winner? Either way, we all have a great time and I think a little bragging is necessary to keep them inline!


3 comments:

  1. This is a quality post on thanksgiving tradition! My family also plays football and we all have so much fun not only tackling each other, but spending quality time together as a family. I am so excited for thanksgiving break as well! I hope you have a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't wait for the turkey and the eating and sleeping. Sadly I have to work on Thanksgiving day but time and a half is worth it all. Happy early Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah I agreed with you I am so worn out by this time in the semester. Combine that with the ability to eat my weight in turkey and pie, this break becomes one of my favorites. I was away from home at college last year and it was hard being away from family for so long, it makes breaks so much more special when you are around the people you love and miss the most. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete