Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Benefit of PRSSA Firm Trips

Ohio Northern University's PRSSA nationally affiliated student-run firm, True North, takes yearly trips to allow students to experience different aspects of the PR industry. From nonprofit to agency and corporate to sports, each trip helps PR students see how diverse the profession is and encourages a better understanding of the kind of PR work they would like to do in their future professional career.

I have been on one Firm trip to Nashville, Tennessee. This trip was such an amazing experience because I had the opportunity to explore different agencies in our tours and I also had the opportunity to get to know the rest of the members of PRSSA who collaborate in the student-run firm, True North. If I wouldn't have gone on this trip, I wouldn't be as close as I am now with some of the people who went on the Nashville trip.

These trips are an amazing experience that I think all members of the Firm and PRSSA should take advantage of during their time as a student at Ohio Northern University. Our professors are committed to helping us figure out what we want to do when we graduate, but these agency tours are fantastic educational tools to assist students in finding out their likes and dislikes of the PR profession. There are so many diverse opportunities in the PR industry and it can be a bit overwhelming for graduates when they don't know exactly what they like or don't like. Firm trips give them the opportunity to discover this before graduation and can help with the decision of what job to potentially take in the future.

Take a look at one of my assignments from my Principles of Social Media class! I had to create a video about the Firm trips my PRSSA Chapter takes each year. Watch the video and see what these awesome trips are all about!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    I think you did a great job on this video! I really like the amount of pictures you had and the information. You definitely have convinced me of the awesome benefits of joining the firm and attending firm trips. I had no idea the firm has gone to great places like New York! For some reason I thought the trips were always in the nearby vicinity.
    In addition, I think your song choice is perfect. The students attending firm trips are the cool kids and everyone should want to be like them!

    ReplyDelete