Monday, October 6, 2014

PRSSA National Conference

Instead of going home for Ohio Northern University's official Fall Break, I will be attending the PRSSA National Conference in Washington D.C. Three other public relations students and our two advisers will also be attending. I can't wait to have this experience and represent ONU PRSSA, especially since the group of ONU students as well as our advisers are always a blast to spend time with.

The 2014 PRSSA National Conference theme is "Intersections: The Meeting Place of Communications and Culture." National Conference is the largest congregation of public relations students in the United States, serving as an opportunity to contribute to personal professional growth along with PRSSA Chapter growth. We will have the opportunity to network with professionals and PRSSA members from around the country.

Our plane takes off on Friday morning and we will be at conference until Tuesday evening. I can't wait to get to Washington D.C. and experience everything this conference has to offer. It would have been nice to go home for Fall Break to see my family and take a break from school, but I think this opportunity is too great to pass up. PR is my passion and I want to contribute to this by staying as involved in every aspect of PRSSA as I can.



3 comments:

  1. Hannah,

    I went to the national conference in Philadelphia last year. It was one of the coolest experiences I have had. You get to hear from a bunch of cool speakers and other students who are as engaged in PR as you are. I can't wait to hear about your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the conference. It sounds like an extremely good opportunity that you can learn a lot from. I really enjoy fall break because it acts as an opportunity to relax for a second between the start of school and Thanksgiving, because there really aren't any chances between then. Even though you don't get to go home, maybe the conference will be just as fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah,

    It's awesome you are passionate about public relations and PRSSA so much you were willing to sacrifice your fall break to go to National Conference. I have been enjoying the tweets and Instagram posts from D.C. I hope you ladies are having a great time and are learning a lot to bring back to Northern to share with all of us!

    ReplyDelete