Friday, October 24, 2014

Some Things Never Change

I often look back at high school and all of the memories I shared with my best friends. Everyone says when you graduate from high school, you won’t be able to stay friends with the people from your hometown. I completely disagree with this. To this day, I am still close with four girls that I spent my four years of high school with. Whether we were laughing together, crying together, or crying because we were laughing so hard, us five were inseparable. I know I can still count on them to be there for me whenever I need them.

Fall 2011

Two of the girls go to the University of Cincinnati, one at Ohio State University and the other at Brigham Young University in Utah. Even though we’re hours and states apart, we always find time to get back together over our breaks from school. During high school, we would always go to this amazing pancake house on our half days. You could find us enjoying brunch together, talking about our boy problems and complaining about the teachers who wanted to make our lives miserable.

Now when we get back together, nothing has changed. We pick up right where we left off, talking about our current relationship status with a guy, complaining about the professors who really do frequently make our lives miserable and how much we miss being together as a group. Our conversations don’t stay sentimental for too long because we are pros at making each other laugh.


Fall 2014

I know the rumor about losing your high school friends when you go off to college is often true, but this was not the case for me. Even though we can’t talk everyday like we would like to, we keep a constant group chat about the ups and downs of our lives. We are constantly planning our next reunion and reminding each other that our group will always be too close to separate.



1 comment:

  1. I agree with your statements, as I have been in similar circumstances. I'm still friends with many people I still went to high school with. I regularly see between four and six of them even during the school semesters. Even though people move on to new things, that doesn't necessarily mean you have to abandon things from your past. Of course, that means you can't remain in the past either, as there are plenty of new people to meet in college.

    ReplyDelete